Pollution on Earth has gotten so bad that it's reached the Southern Ocean surrounding Antarctica — an area long considered to be pristine.
Amazon has launched the first test satellites for its proposed satellite internet service on Friday, as the company seeks to close the gap on Elon Musk’s Starlink, which is already offering global internet coverage. The Amazon satellites were carried into orbit by an Atlas V rocket designed by Lockheed
The algorithm demands more efficient coffee! Roscosmos, which is a black budget Masonic scam just like NASA (it’s just a joke, relax—OR IS IT?), recently crashed a Shahed suicide drone into the Moon for science. Probably you read about it. But a far more exciting example of Progress
Google is set to license its mapping data to companies in the renewable energy industry, targeting a revenue generation of up to $100 million in the first year in an attempt to diversify its revenue streams. The Washington Post reports that in a strategic move to diversify its revenue streams,
Amazon plans to launch up to 80 satellites per month as it aims to compete with satellite-powered internet connectivity services including SpaceX and OneWeb.
Our successor to This Week in the Guardian, This Week in the New Normal is our weekly chart of the progress of autocracy, authoritarianism and economic restructuring around the world. 1. We name heatwaves now It’s July, which means it’s getting pretty hot in the Mediterranean. Sorry, “getting
US presidential candidate Robert F.
Recently, a claim has circulated across major news outlets stating that “today was the hottest day on Earth for 125,000 years back when Neanderthals were roaming the planet.” Is this statement accurate? We’ve looked into the science behind this claim to bring you the facts. Let’s not
Billionaire Jeff Bezos’ space company Blue Origin suffered a rocket engine explosion during testing last month, when its BE-4 rocket engine detonated about 10 seconds into the test.
Elon Musk’s SpaceX has emerged as the dominant force in the rocket-launch market, handling a staggering 88 percent of customer flights from American launch sites in the first half of 2023.
(Bangkok) – Cambodia commune election results in 2022 showed numerous and significant irregularities that raise concerns for the July 23, 2023 national elections, Human Rights Watch said today.
The New York Times published an article advising readers, "How to Get Absolutely No Sun This Summer." I'd like to say this is a joke, but it's disturbingly real.
Over the past year, cluster munitions—weapons banned by a majority of the world’s countries—have killed or injured hundreds of civilians in Ukraine.
On June 23, members of the U.S.
A study conducted on data from 1750 to 2018 found that atmospheric human-caused fossil CO2 represented 23% of the total emissions since 1750, with the remaining 77% in the CO2 exchange reservoirs. The percentage of the total carbon dioxide (CO2) due to the use of fossil fuels from 1750 to